“I think being a liberal, in the true sense, is being nondoctrinaire, nondogmatic, non-committed to a cause – but examining each case on its merits. Being left of center is another thing; it’s a political position. I think most newspapermen by definition have to be liberal; if they’re not liberal, by my definition of it, then they can hardly be good newspapermen. If they’re preordained dogmatists for a cause, then they can’t be very good journalists; that is, if they carry it into their journalism.”
— Walter Cronkite in a Playboy interview, 1973
NonDoc’s editorial goals are simple and staked in “the public good.” Our owners and editors value responsible reporting, intelligent analysis, poignant photography and sharp humor. We strive to present our content accurately, fairly and transparently.
We seek to publish diverse, interesting voices while serving as “a filter” and not a funnel, highlighting quality work from local and national sources while providing extra information and insight when possible. In addition to traditional reportage, we regularly feature commentary and opinion pieces from across the political spectrum. Our hope is you find yourself a little more informed and engaged by content that matters in our city and our world.
Good journalism and respectful public dialogue benefit every community, and at NonDoc we offer a forum for the engaged and curious reader. Thank you for visiting our site, and please consider supporting our work.
Editor in Chief & Co-Owner
- NonDoc Media launched Sept. 1, 2015.
- Founder Andrew Rice sold NonDoc to his editors July 1, 2016.
- Rosemary Meacham-Zittell and Ashiq Zaman joined the company in 2016.
- Longtime managing editor Josh McBee stepped away from the company to pursue other interests Feb. 1, 2019.
In May 2018, the Oklahoma chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists honored NonDoc with five awards for content published during 2017:
- First place, “Best Website”
- First place, “Online Writing”
- Second place, “Online Writing”
- Third place, “Online Writing”
- Third place, “Website Design”
For all other inquiries, please contact us.