As spring gives way to summer and the sun’s rosy fingers firmly grasp the red earth of Oklahoma, lively events in sun-soaked settings punctuate the weekends around my favorite haunts.
Some takeaways from the photo gallery below:
- Plaza Mayor‘s frequent fiesta’s are among the metro’s most entertaining.
- Cinco de Mayo was celebrated May 1 at OKC’s Plaza Mayor with live bands, wrestling, folk dancing, a carnival, food trucks and vendor booths.
- Agriculture around OKC is in full bloom, with the first alfalfa cuttings underway and a new crop of juvenile livestock in the fields. Central Oklahoma is among the nation’s leading producers of prime horse flesh.
- Norman Arts Council has organized its first public mosaic installation, to be presided over by noted Albuquerque artist and teacher Laura Robbins.
- May is also graduation time with sighs of relief by students and educators.
Other photo galleries by Doug Hill
Dec. 4, 2015: Photo essay: From summer to here