When an angry mob broke into the U.S. Capitol building last week, our team faced a difficult decision: Do we move forward with recording our planned podcast episode about the COVID-19 vaccine, or do we reschedule, send our trusty audio technician Bryce Holland home and pull our hair out watching cable news?
Since time is money (or is money time?), we decided to plow forward with our recording. After all, the platoon of pissed off
patriots putzes was all the way in Washington D.C., and we were safe in our News Dungeon, which was recently stocked with flavored water and off-brand aerosol cheese.
Fortunately, the imbecilic insurrection ultimately failed, and Congress moved forward with its constitutional duty — little thanks to Oklahoma’s delegation.
That means you can listen today (in peace!) to the third episode of Live from the News Dungeon: Vaccinate Me. Click the episode link, listen to the embedded player below or download and subscribe on PodBean, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Pandora and Apple Podcasts, as well as its connected platforms.
Please consider subscribing, rating, reviewing and sharing, because that rhymes with caring and the world is a little better when we all care and try to make things rhyme.
Links you may like while listening
When you listen to this new episode — Vaccinate Me — you may want to keep the following items at your fingertips for relevant reference:
- The Oklahoma COVID-19 vaccine portal
- This Forbes article about front-line health care workers’ hesitancy to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- This BBC article about the world’s initial vaccines, as well as HistoryOfVacccines.org, an interesting web project
- This scene from The Big Lebowski in case you don’t understand a couple jokes
- This section of U.S. code about how vaccine manufacturers have tort protection
- This article from The Atlantic about the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- This Johns Hopkins Medicine page about COVID-19 vaccine studies and this CDC page featuring vaccine safety publications.
Again, if you enjoy our podcast, please rate, review and share with your friends.