If you could have guessed 10 years ago, or even five years ago, that in 2021 Oklahoma would have the biggest (per capita) medical marijuana program in the country, you probably need to get into sports betting as soon as possible.
In the latest episode of Live from the News Dungeon, our normal team was joined by Matt Patterson, NonDoc reporter and resident expert on the medical marijuana beat, to talk all things weed. While Matt gives an overview of the political climate surrounding marijuana in Oklahoma, local grouch Tres Savage explains his frustrations as a patient in Oklahoma’s medical marijuana program. Rep. Scott Fetgatter (R-Okmulgee) makes a brief appearance to discuss pending legislative proposals for future marijuana regulation, and our historical-nugget segment will get you caught up on cannabis slang from the 1940s.
So listen to our latest episode of Live from the News Dungeon today and remember to tell your friends that they can subscribe on PodBean, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Pandora or Apple Podcasts, as well as its connected platforms.
As always, you can listen to this week’s episode embedded right here:
A timeline of the key topics at hand
As you listen to Episode 8 of Live From the News Dungeon, you might find the following links interesting to reference:
- Information on applying for a medical marijuana card;
- Politico’s article on the rise of the marijuana industry in Oklahoma;
- NonDoc’s coverage of the passage of State Question 788;
- A story about 7-11 cutting off leases to dispensaries;
- A 2010 article about using helicopters to search for illegal pot fields;
- Time Magazine’s 1943 introduction to marijuana slang;
- This clip from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas about how to know your dope fiend;
- An answer to the question “What are terpenes?“
- Three medical-marijuana bills by Fetgatter: HB 2004, HB 2022 and HB2023;
- Overviews of the seed-to-sale tracking program and marijuana testing procedures.
If this episode left you with a pleasant, floaty feeling, please rate, review, subscribe and share with your friends.
Prior episodes of Live from the News Dungeon
- Episode 1: Spit takes and fluid fingers
- Episode 2: Gifts for the holidaze
- Episode 3: Vaccinate me
- Episode 4: Rep. Jon Echols previews the 2021 Oklahoma legislative session
- Episode 5: Learning is a lifelong endeavor
- Episode 6: Pod bods, electric bugaboo, climate change and TV madness
- Episode 7: David Walters has opinions on the power grid