Wednesday, Sept. 1, marked the long-awaited opening of a new Homeland grocery story in northeast Oklahoma City. But it also marked the end of NonDoc’s sixth year — and the start of our seventh year — producing independent journalism.
In this podcast episode, Archie tells us about his (literally) painful first encounter with Tres, we celebrate NonDoc’s anniversary and we delve into our deepest, darkest body-modification desires.
As always, you can listen to this week’s episode embedded right here:
Topics at hand: *Domino’s carryout insurance
As you listen to Episode 15 of Live From the News Dungeon, you might find the following links useful to reference:
- NonDoc’s Writers’ Fund page, where you can donate $7 or $77 to celebrate the start of our seventh year;
- Archie’s article on the new Homeland in east OKC;
- A feature story, also by Archie, about Black farmers in Oklahoma;
- Tres’ 2018 article on Jabar Shumate’s departure from OU;
- Angela’s commentary pieces from 2015, which give advice about selecting wine and being nice;
- A New York Times article about how the government improved Dominos Pizza;
- Details of Domino’s Pizza’s carryout insurance program;
- A link to watch the movie Idiocracy.
As always, please rate, review, subscribe and share with your friends.
Prior episodes of Live from the News Dungeon
- Episode 1: Spit takes and fluid fingers
- Episode 2: Gifts for the holidaze
- Episode 3: Vaccinate me
- Episode 4: Rep. Jon Echols previews the 2021 Oklahoma legislative session
- Episode 5: Learning is a lifelong endeavor
- Episode 6: Pod bods, electric bugaboo, climate change and TV madness
- Episode 7: David Walters has opinions on the power grid
- Episode 8: A sober discussion of the bambalacha
- Episode 9: The OKC streetcar named frustration
- Episode 10: The joy of hassling the Hof(meister)
- Episode 11: Cats, dogs and where they come from
- Episode 12: Toonin’ with Mike Allen
- Episode 13: More Freedom with Andy Moore
- Episode 14: Our visits to Duncan and Okmulgee; OU’s move to the SEC